Downloading Mu

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Phillip_

Downloading Mu

Post by Phillip_ »

When I click on the windows installer to download Mu it will download, but then I get the message that the Mu editor was blocked because it could harm my device. I have windows 10 home and 64 bit operating system. How can I can I prevent the operating system from blocking the Mu installation?

eat_sleep_code

Re: Downloading Mu

Post by eat_sleep_code »

Phillip_

Post by Phillip_ »

Thanks, eat_sleep_code, I can follow those instructions for a few links and then the next step is to click on a link that doesn't exist on my screen. The anti-virus software may be blocking the download. I click on the anti-virus security history and there are hundreds of "suspicious incoming network connection blocked" messages with a source IP address given. Can't tell what it's blocking.

Phillip_

Post by Phillip_ »

I was finally able to get into the widows security screen and disable the security features that were blocking the download. The download completed without being blocked, but then nothing happened. So, I went to the downloads folder and clicked on the Mu editor download and got this message: "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package." This seems to indicate that there is something wrong with the Mu installation software.

Phillip_

Post by Phillip_ »

I reset the Windows security features that I had disabled and then decided to try and run the Mu installation one more time. This time I got a message that the app may harm my computer but gave the option to run it anyway. After clicking that option it successfully downloaded.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”