CPX won't

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lpmcwill

CPX won't

Post by lpmcwill »

I pulled out a Circuit Playground Express board I use for testing, and haven't used since 11/2020, and tried to update CircuitPython to 7,0 from my Windows 10 desktop. Double-clicking Reset brought up green LEDs and the cplayboot drive. Dragging adafruit-circuitpython-circuitplayground_express-en_US-7.0.0.uf2 to cplayboot changed the drive name to CIRCUITPY but the CPX began double-flashing red LEDs.

I thought this might be related to the bootloader so I checked github and saw the current bootloader is 3.13. I double-Reset the CPX and checked the INFO_UF2.TXT file which said the current bootloader was v. 2.0. I though upgrading to the current 3.13 might help and so went through the process, result: double-flashing red LEDs. To continue the madness, I reloaded Circuitpython 7.0 and still have double-flashing red LEDs.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: CPX won't

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Is there a code.py in your CIRCUITPY folder?

If you were previously using 6.x, you'll also need to update your libraries to 7.x versions.
https://circuitpython.org/libraries

lpmcwill

Re: CPX won't

Post by lpmcwill »

Thanks for the response. I had a code.py for a simple servo program with the adafruit_motor v. 7 library but hadn't updated the other libraries I thought didn't pertain to what I was doing. Reminds me to go slow and pay attention.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”