Circuit Playground Express w/ Crickit Throwing Panic Code

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NeonBlack

Circuit Playground Express w/ Crickit Throwing Panic Code

Post by NeonBlack »

So, I had a SG-5010 servo wired up with a circuit playground express/crickit, which I had waving a skeleton arm back and forth (pretty funny honestly). I had this running for an hour or two going between 0/90 degrees and waiting a second in between, looping a good number of times.

I went to try this again this morning, and it didn't really want to work this time, it seemed like the servo _tried_ to movea little but not much, which was odd, so I pulled the power and tried again, which gave me the binary code 0011011000, or I believe, Error 216 which I do not see referenced anywhere.

I have tried a different power supply (both a 4A and a 2A, 5v), and it seems that I'm getting a good solid 5v to the board and showing 5.1v across the Neopixel 5v/Gnd points on the Crickit. Whenever I try to initiate anything that runs that servo though, I get the same error code.

I thought at that point that the servo was just toast so I tried to run just a regular little motor to see what would happen, but no dice and the same error code results. I did attempt to update the firmware at that point, since I thought it couldn't hurt and it seemed like a Crickit issue, after which it seemed that I could get the motor to spin. I then went back to the servo and the panic code came right back. Trying to reload the firmware to the Crickit again doesn't get me any further at this point, and now I get the same error code whether I'm trying to do anything with a servo or a motor, which is odd.

Any ideas or things I could poke at with a meter to try and diagnose?

Thanks for any ideas!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Circuit Playground Express w/ Crickit Throwing Panic Cod

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

How are you programming the CPX? Arduino? CircuitPython? MakeCode?

NeonBlack

Post by NeonBlack »

I've been using MakeCode actually for this one.

adafruit_support_carter

Can you publish your MakeCode project and share the link here.

NeonBlack

Post by NeonBlack »

You nailed it, thanks a bunch. I started fresh with the code and this works fine. I should have taken a step back and started from a blank slate.

https://makecode.com/_To0ECta4TAw3

That works exactly as expected. I absolutely should have tried this first. Your help is much appreciated!

adafruit_support_carter

OK, cool. Glad it's working. Not sure what was causing the original issue. If it happens again though, can follow same general process - see if it repeats, and if so, share the Makecode program and provide the link. That way we can try and recreate the issue here.

Hopefully just an odd hiccup though. Hope it continues to just work. Have fun!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”