CPX and Windows 11

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mervmusic

CPX and Windows 11

Post by Mervmusic »

I just recently installed CPX Windows drivers onto my laptop to run CPX and the .uf files are still not recognized and I cannot find the Board drivers to configure the laptop to connect with the CPX for programming. Please advise.

Franklin97355

Re: CPX and Windows 11

Post by Franklin97355 »

How are you trying to communicate with the CPX? Python or others? Do you see a drive when you plug the CPX in and what did you load (full file name)?

Mervmusic

Post by Mervmusic »

I installed the Windows drivers package including: libusbK , libsubwin-32, VCP driver, Bus/D2XX driver, Silicon Ports.
The USB reads "CPLAYBOOT". I do a reset to green and drag Firmware into the CPX drive as instructed on : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cir ... de-org-csd .

According to the directions the CPX board should be ready to read/play code.org programs, but any files that I have with .uf2 are not recognized.
Those are the types of files in the CPX tutorials, so I would think that they should open in the CPX.

I continue to get a request for an app to open the files since my system does not know how to open the files.

I saw something about installing Board drivers. I though they automatically installed with the program install. I'm using his video to guide me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDa5FjnT9mw&t=300s

Mervmusic

Post by Mervmusic »

I figured it out and have it working now.

Thank you for responding.

SM

PaulWaldfogel

Post by PaulWaldfogel »

I have the same problem. Dragging any UF2 file onto the CPX results in CPX never exiting the boot mode.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

@Mervmusic; Can you let us know what you found so it can help others?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”