cant get arduino to work

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zcgdzip

cant get arduino to work

Post by zcgdzip »

I recently decided to try to learn programming and electronics after losing my workshop/house to the CA fires. The problem is I can't get anything to upload on either my rpi or my win 10 pc. I've tried gemma m0 and circuit playground. no arduino code ever makes it onto the boards. hell i cant even get it to compile. I've messed with it so much trying to get it to work that I'm more lost than when i started.

The only code I've successfully loaded is a basic cap touch light change i wrote for flora months ago.

this is the demo example for cpb

/home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar: error while loading shared libraries: libfl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Using library Adafruit_Circuit_Playground at version 1.11.4 in folder: /home/pi/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/hardware/nrf52/1.3.0/libraries/SPI
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/hardware/nrf52/1.3.0/libraries/Wire

this is the touch penant for gemma m0

"/home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar" rcs "/tmp/arduino_build_947558/core/core.a" "/tmp/arduino_build_947558/core/pulse_asm.S.o"
/home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar: error while loading shared libraries: libfl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Using library Adafruit_FreeTouch_Library at version 1.1.1 in folder: /home/pi/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_FreeTouch_Library
Using library FastLED at version 3.4.0 in folder: /home/pi/Arduino/libraries/FastLED
exit status 127
Error compiling for board Adafruit Gemma M0.
Using library PDM at version 1.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/hardware/nrf52/1.3.0/libraries/PDM
Using library Adafruit_TinyUSB_Arduino at version 1.7.0 in folder: /home/pi/.arduino15/packages/adafruit/hardware/nrf52/1.3.0/libraries/Adafruit_TinyUSB_Arduino
exit status 127
Error compiling for board Adafruit Circuit Playground Bluefruit.

hatem0

Re: cant get arduino to work

Post by hatem0 »

did you download adafruit avr board from the board manager.
Make sure you download the correct library if you are using library.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The Gemma M0 uses a SAMD21. The Circuit Playground Bluefruit uses a nRF52840. Both of these are ARM based microcontrollers. Not AVR.

But do make sure you have all the necessary Board Support Packages (BSP) installed.

See here for Gemma M0:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gem ... -ide-setup

See here for CPB:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cir ... port-setup

zcgdzip

Post by zcgdzip »

I have the correct libraries installed. Both the Adafruit and Arduino SAMD libraries and the Adafruit NRF52 library.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Let's focus on the Gemma M0 for now.

Are you getting those error messages when trying to upload the Blink example?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gem ... 2854174-21

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”