Differentiating Notifications via Bluetooth (CPB)

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
omnistraight

Differentiating Notifications via Bluetooth (CPB)

Post by omnistraight »

Hey guys! This is my second ever time using Circuit Playground Bluefruit (or any circuit board in general), so I apologize if this is an obvious question, but none of my classmates seemed to know. Is it possible for the CPB to interpret notification information, and if so, is it able to differentiate that information? For instance, if I were to get a Twitter message, a calendar reminder, and a text (sms); would the CPB be able to tell that I have a notification/would it be able to know the difference between the three?

A little explanation: I am in a wearable technology class and we are using CPB as our base for all projects. I was hoping to make a glove that would light up if you got a notification and change color based on which kind. A classmate suggested I may need an app, but, seeing as I've never made an app, I think it'll be better to go with a different idea if that's the case.

Sorry again if this is a weird question.

mikeysklar

Re: Differentiating Notifications via Bluetooth (CPB)

Post by mikeysklar »

The Bluefruit TFT Gizmo ANCS Notifier shows different icons based on notification type (txt, slack, calendar, etc). This is iOS specific and uses ANCS (Apple Notification Center Service).

https://learn.adafruit.com/ancs-gizmo/overview

omnistraight

Re: Differentiating Notifications via Bluetooth (CPB)

Post by omnistraight »

Ah, thank you so much!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”