Not what I made yet but a problem

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ccook1212

Not what I made yet but a problem

Post by ccook1212 »

Hi,
adabox 5 was working fine, until I changed the config.txt file to get the adasfruit 5" hdmi screen to work. At that point the joy bonnet no longer worked. Not sure what to do next. It's my first real experience with a raspberry pi.
Chris

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Not what I made yet but a problem

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's unusual, but shouldn't be hard to fix. Take a look at the Joy Bonnet tutorial for instructions on how to install the support code:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-joy ... ll-and-use

ccook1212

Post by ccook1212 »

Thanks Mike,
I went to that info before posting, but my brain was cooked as I typed the first question. The trouble I have, I think, is that because the box uses the pi 0, which has no wifi, I am not sure how to get both the stuff I need for the HD screen and the code for the bonnet to the pi at the same time using an SD card. I'm decent with arduino but never used pi before.
The pi starts up, the emulator runs, but I cannot get the controller to do anything so I cannot access anything on the pi itself.
As it boots I get this error
IMG_4824.jpg
IMG_4824.jpg (698.72 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Chris

ccook1212

Post by ccook1212 »

I reflashed the sd card, and voila the joy bonnet works correctly but I cannot seem to get the 5"hd screen to work. It shows... something..
It's a white box down the right side abt 1/4 screen and the rest black.
Chris
ccook1212 wrote:Thanks Mike,
I went to that info before posting, but my brain was cooked as I typed the first question. The trouble I have, I think, is that because the box uses the pi 0, which has no wifi, I am not sure how to get both the stuff I need for the HD screen and the code for the bonnet to the pi at the same time using an SD card. I'm decent with arduino but never used pi before.
The pi starts up, the emulator runs, but I cannot get the controller to do anything so I cannot access anything on the pi itself.
As it boots I get this error
IMG_4824.jpg
Chris

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You may need to tweak the /boot/config.txt file to set the HDMI resolution explicitly:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-5-8 ... -pi-config

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”