USB cable in adabox10 is bad
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

USB cable in adabox10 is bad

by Keebie81 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:58 pm

I am trying to setup a Feather M4 express tonight and thought I wouldd give this new usb cable a try. It powers the board ok it seems but windows 10 gives me USB device not recognized. I tried another cable I had laying around on same port and then it works fine. The drive shows up and I can get in to bootloader.

Keebie81

Re: USB cable in adabox10 is bad

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Is the issue repeatable with the other cable? If you try it again, you get the "device not recognized" again?

adafruit_support_carter

by Keebie81 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 pm

The other cable I had works perfectly fine. I can keep unplugging it and plugging back in and it works every time. The metal one in adabox10 always gives me the could not recognize error. I even tried other ports.

Keebie81

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 am

Sorry, I wasn't too clear. By "other cable" I meant the one you got with the AdaBox. Just wanted to know if the problem was repeatable. It sounds like it is, so maybe just a bad cable. We can replace it, but let's try one other real simple check. Try using it with something else. See if it also has issues working with other devices.

adafruit_support_carter

by Keebie81 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 pm

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Sorry, I wasn't too clear. By "other cable" I meant the one you got with the AdaBox. Just wanted to know if the problem was repeatable. It sounds like it is, so maybe just a bad cable. We can replace it, but let's try one other real simple check. Try using it with something else. See if it also has issues working with other devices.

I just tried this cable with another board(grand central) I get the device not recognized error. All my other good usb cables worked and it showed up as a drive.

Keebie81

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 pm

OK. Thanks for checking. Let's just replace it. Send an email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number and they can get your a replacement USB cable from AdaBox010.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.