TFT Wireless network controller & real time clock
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

TFT Wireless network controller & real time clock

by Govner on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Currently under construction to:

Monitor and display status of 18 wireless nodes consisting of Arduino Uno and (sleeping) Pro-mini w/RF24LO1+ tranceivers inside and outside. Replaces the existing ALINCO Home Security module to monitor all door/windows/motion. Other functions TBA. The enclosure is a re-purposed (defective) marine electronics device. The enclosure conveniently houses push-buttons to control this network display/controller.

TFT_JupiterPixel_NRF_3.jpg
Using push-buttons, the TFT display function possibilities are many. This one shows data coming in from various nodes.
Not shown is a feature added later that lights the respective NeoPixel corresponding to which node is "reporting in" at any given moment (8-bit binary). The display also has this info but the flashing LEDs are my eye-candy reward.
TFT_JupiterPixel_NRF_3.jpg (137.62 KiB) Viewed 201 times

TFT_Pressure_Delta_Sensor.jpg
Pro-Mini with dual BME280 Pressure/Temp/Humidity sensors. Nodule contains 1 sensor placed for data comparison (delta P, T, H)
TFT_Pressure_Delta_Sensor.jpg (50.16 KiB) Viewed 198 times

TFT_JupiterPixel_1.jpg
The Real Time Clock display is obviously a work in progress. Inside/outside weather, rain accumulation, and security data will be added.
TFT_JupiterPixel_1.jpg (119.5 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Govner

Re: TFT Wireless network controller & real time clock

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 am

Looks good so far. Thanks for posting.

adafruit_support_bill

by Govner on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 am

..happy to do it. I will try to keep it updated. Ciao

Govner

by Govner on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:03 pm

NRF24 Network Relay Module

Irrig_Control_Relay_Pro_Mini_3.pdf
Adruino : Fully tested and fully operational NRF24L01 relay module.
(21.63 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Prior to beginning a YouTube 'How-To' series on YouTube for a full-scale NRF Network control and display project, I thought I'd provide incremental module schematics for the benefit of Adafruit "Show-and-Tell" followers. Hopefully, these stand-alone, supplemental modules will be useful for people designing their own NRF24 network controller setups. Here's one that has been thoroughly tested and works flawlessly as a relay-operated remote controller. There are many possible uses for such a device. Personally, I use this one to inhibit my in-ground irrigation system (Florida). After a good rain shower or weather front, there's no need to waste energy during the middle of the night watering landscaping and lawn grasses. This relay controller is used to 'inhibit' the irrigation system controller, thereby disabling the high-energy-consumption electric pumps. NRF24 sensors (another module to be available here later) collects the rain data and transmits the logic to this relay unit as dictated by rainfall amounts. These projects are only possible due to Adafruit support and products. That's why I am uploading them here rather than other popular sites. If I see interest, there will be more to come detailing the full NRF24 Network module designs. Home security and control is the overall theme and these NRF24L01+ modules are inexpensive, work extremely well, and are well-suited for localized sensor monitoring and control. Internet IOT gateways can be a desirable addition but I will leave that to others so NRF24 functionalities can be fully in focus.

The schematic for the relay control module is attached. I used a combination of wire-wrapping and a standard proto-board. Note: For those who have previously relied solely upon Fritzing wiring graphics diagrams (colored wires and graphic images) , I would encourage you to use this project's schematic as a springboard to learning 'real' electronics. This is a good start in that direction and you will learn the skills to implement your very own ideas and designs instead of rote copying/duplication that gets you nowhere in learning electronics for problem solving. Trust me on this one. Enjoy.

Govner

by Govner on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Govner wrote:NRF24 Network Relay Module

The attachment Irrig_Control_Relay_Pro_Mini_3.pdf is no longer available

Irrig_Control_Relay_Pro_Mini_4.pdf
Revision 1: Added Status LEDs, Power input female plug, & toggle switch ENABLE/DISABLE.
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Prior to beginning a YouTube 'How-To' series on YouTube for a full-scale NRF Network control and display project, I thought I'd provide incremental module schematics for the benefit of Adafruit "Show-and-Tell" followers. Hopefully, these stand-alone, supplemental modules will be useful for people designing their own NRF24 network controller setups. Here's one that has been thoroughly tested and works flawlessly as a relay-operated remote controller. There are many possible uses for such a device. Personally, I use this one to inhibit my in-ground irrigation system (Florida). After a good rain shower or weather front, there's no need to waste energy during the middle of the night watering landscaping and lawn grasses. This relay controller is used to 'inhibit' the irrigation system controller, thereby disabling the high-energy-consumption electric pumps. NRF24 sensors (another module to be available here later) collects the rain data and transmits the logic to this relay unit as dictated by rainfall amounts. These projects are only possible due to Adafruit support and products. That's why I am uploading them here rather than other popular sites. If I see interest, there will be more to come detailing the full NRF24 Network module designs. Home security and control is the overall theme and these NRF24L01+ modules are inexpensive, work extremely well, and are well-suited for localized sensor monitoring and control. Internet IOT gateways can be a desirable addition but I will leave that to others so NRF24 functionalities can be fully in focus.

The schematic for the relay control module is attached. I used a combination of wire-wrapping and a standard proto-board. Note: For those who have previously relied solely upon Fritzing wiring graphics diagrams (colored wires and graphic images) , I would encourage you to use this project's schematic as a springboard to learning 'real' electronics. This is a good start in that direction and you will learn the skills to implement your very own ideas and designs instead of rote copying/duplication that gets you nowhere in learning electronics for problem solving. Trust me on this one. Enjoy.

Govner

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.