help for a dummy...

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sberfield

help for a dummy...

Post by sberfield »

Hi all. New to this and trying to work through the Adabox 002 project following the site directions. I dwonloaded the code at https://github.com/adafruit/BLE-Black-R ... master.zip but when I try to compile it, I get the following errors. I have the libraries installed so I am at a loss. Any suggestions for a newbie would be appreciated.

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit Feather 32u4"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\cc5XWu1c.ltrans1.ltrans.o: In function `loop':

C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Arduino\BLE-Black-Robot-Rover/BLE-Black-Robot-Rover.ino:93: undefined reference to `readPacket(Adafruit_BLE*, unsigned int)'

C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\cc5XWu1c.ltrans1.ltrans.o: In function `readController':

C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Arduino\BLE-Black-Robot-Rover/BLE-Black-Robot-Rover.ino:106: undefined reference to `packetbuffer'

C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Arduino\BLE-Black-Robot-Rover/BLE-Black-Robot-Rover.ino:108: undefined reference to `packetbuffer'

C:\Users\Scott\Documents\Arduino\BLE-Black-Robot-Rover/BLE-Black-Robot-Rover.ino:111: undefined reference to `packetbuffer'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
Used: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\avr\1.4.9\libraries\Wire
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather 32u4.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: help for a dummy...

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I just compiled the code from the link above without any problems.

When you open the sketch in the Arduino IDE, do you get two more tabs labeled 'BluefruitConfig.h' and 'packetParser.cpp'? The second file contains the function the errors above are complaining about.

sberfield

Re: help for a dummy...

Post by sberfield »

Not seeing packetParser.cpp, thanks. That gives me a lead to chase down.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”