Adabox 008 Ideas

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rainford

Adabox 008 Ideas

Post by rainford »

From the Adabox004 unboxing there was a comment that we should suggest future adabox ideas to support.

So some possible ideas for adabox008 I'd love to see are:
ODBII Monitor for cars/vehicles. (there are lots of cheap bluetooth and wifi ODBII dongles out there) And would be fun to display some of the many fields you can get from that port in most 1990s and newer cars. Say to a feather BLE + oled screen or similar

Wearables project -- pedometer and maybe heartbeat. Something simple like the original FitBit Flex

FM Radio -- would be neat to build a little FM radio (not internet radio) receiver with a simple display

SDR -- software defined radio project -- show how much unencrypted data is out there that can be decoded. The RPi 3 and SDR dongle might be too expensive for an adabox

Atomic clock with neat retro display. (Or maybe use a GPS wing or similar) GPS could be fun for tiered projects, a clock on the low end, a compass mid tier and GPS direction towards a way point at the top end of sample projects for such a box

I'm sure you have plenty of in house people to go after any of the above. But if you want my input and/or prototyping work I'd be happy to help.

Take care,
-Bill Rainford
@TheRainford
@TinWhiskerzBlog
TinWhiskerz.com

bradt

Re: Adabox 008 Ideas

Post by bradt »

Very cool ideas! I would personally love to see something geared towards GPS.

Something involving the PWM/Servo drivers (TLC5947/PCA9685) would be great too in my book.

katrinasiegfried

Post by katrinasiegfried »

working with relays?

dconley

Post by dconley »

Relays and GPS both sound really cool! Since this was the last Feather box I'd also love some wearable stuff.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”