AdaBox idea..
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

AdaBox idea..

by Quantum_Star on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 am

It might be something that is already overdone, but, what about a Pi Zero (or Pi3 if it's affordable) and Retro gaming theme? It is probably the most popular use of the RPi, and one of the few projects that I specifically bought dedicated hardware for (so having an extra Pi wouldn't be a bad thing). Maybe something like the Pi Zero and the cool controller hat? :)

I don't know about other makers, but there are a lot of projects, like a weather station, that I've seen but haven't actually bought or built. I don't want to encourage you guys to just play it safe and do what's been done, but if you have a nice presentation, these older kit ideas might not be bad..?

Quantum_Star

Re: AdaBox idea..

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am

I think w'ere mostly sticking with the Feather platform these days, but I'll pass the suggestion along to the Adabox team. Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

by Quantum_Star on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Mike,

Thanks for passing along the idea :)

I like using the Feather, but Lady Ada mentioned in one of the AdaBox videos that they might include a different board in the future.

Either way, these seem like a lot of fun, hoping to subscribe before the next boxes go out!

Q_S

Quantum_Star

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 pm

That's certainly possible. The whole AdaBox project is kind of need-to-know to avoid spoilers, so even I don't know what's on the roadmap. I learn what's in them when the official tutorial and unboxing video go live. ;-)

adafruit_support_mike

by Morantz on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm

And it looks like it was a great idea! Congrats!

Morantz

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.