Handheld gaming with adabox 005

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dearner

Handheld gaming with adabox 005

Post by dearner »

I ended up getting the 5" HDMI backpack from Digi-Key and thought it would be good for a handheld RetroPie + joy bonnet setup. So after a day or two of work, I've got a basic case that holds the screen plus the zero with an attached bonnet:
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (197.38 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
The biggest issue right now is that the cables that came with the adabox are somewhat too large to fit comfortably in a small case (so the cables have to come out the right side and back in the top). I've ordered some 1' cables and a thin anker battery, and am planning on redesigning it so everything fits in the case and the charging port for the battery is accessible. I should get that done this week, and am also planning on putting the completed design up on thingiverse.

sgarland413

Re: Handheld gaming with adabox 005

Post by sgarland413 »

This is cool. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Where did you get the case? Also, any ideas how to get sound on it?

dearner

Post by dearner »

Hey,
I modeled and printed the case myself - I've been having trouble getting an HDMI cable that's got a small enough connector to fit entirely inside of it, though, so I've sort of put it on the back burner for the time being. As for audio, it looks like there's a guide here: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... io-outputs

sgarland413

Post by sgarland413 »

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”