ADABOX 008 Shipment
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

ADABOX 008 Shipment

by ewoodrick on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Usually my ADABox arrives a few days before the unboxing. This time it looks like it wasn't even released for shipping until after the unboxing. And even now, with a UPS number attached to the order, UPS hasn't acknowledge the order. So it sounds as if is still shipping on the loading dock.

ewoodrick

Re: ADABOX 008 Shipment

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:34 am

That happens with the tracking updates sometimes, depending on when the packages are picked up and when they're processed into the tracking system. The feedback page usually gets a retroactive update at some point, showing the package leaving and moving through the system normally.

adafruit_support_mike

by geoffreyf on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:06 am

Mine doesn't even have a shipping number on the adafruit site. It's been "preparing for shipment" since 7/2.

geoffreyf

by scottwolf369 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 am

I'm in the same boat as geoffref... "Preparing for shipment"

I understand it's probably because there are 8000 boxes to ship, but it's frustrating when I see all the people posting photos on Twitter of their Adabox and the unboxing video has happened already.

scottwolf369

by avalonbeer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Ahh, so I'm not the only one. Mine has been preparing for shipment also since July 2nd, two weeks. If there were delays, an announcement or e-mail would have been nice.

Does seem odd that the live unboxing was scheduled to occur before the customers receive the shipment.

avalonbeer

by bobafetts3 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 pm

avalonbeer wrote:Ahh, so I'm not the only one. Mine has been preparing for shipment also since July 2nd, two weeks. If there were delays, an announcement or e-mail would have been nice.

Does seem odd that the live unboxing was scheduled to occur before the customers receive the shipment.

Nope. I'm sitting in the same boat. I just went to to go check to see if my box has even shipped and I've got a order time of "July 2, 2018 @ 4:21 PM" with a status of "Preparing for Shipment" still.

I don't think I've ever had a box before they do their live unboxing, but I don't think I've seen a comment about it will ship in the first few weeks of the month and have 1/2 the month gone without any kind of shipment notification.

bobafetts3

by burns3 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 pm

These should have shipped in June base on Adabox being a quarterly subscription.

burns3

by Adaveach on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:31 am

Same here, 7/2/18 and still waiting.
Unusual this time around. I usually get my box pretty early and have to wait several days of suspense for the un-boxing.
I thought I heard JP say that there were 4000 boxes so, I suppose I'll just have to exercise some patience.

Adaveach

by DanKramer on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 am

I'm glad to not be alone in the "Preparing for Shipment" zone. I know they're a tiny company and must be scrambling to get these out the door, so I can make myself be patient. It's tempting to watch the unboxing, but I really want to be surprised by what's in there apart from the obvious expected parts. I think knowing what all is coming will just make the wait harder too.

DanKramer

by geebob on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Yes am in the same boat as you all. I'm kind of used to getting mine late so I take a different tac. I have gone to the 008 page and did some reading and preparation for receiving the devices. I've updated the software and have started to plan a project that uses the devices that come with the box. I like the idea that it is a surprise but I like to be prepared as well. Waiting is tough though..

geebob

by bobafetts3 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Got my shipment notification. So at least it's on it's way!

Now hopefully it'll get here before I have to travel across the country next week!

bobafetts3

by lluchsinger on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:46 pm

This is my first box. I was hoping to get it for my birthday on the 13th or at least before August when I go back to teaching and will have no time. Is this how communication usually runs? It is difficult to hear everyone else having a great time while I am left in the dark. I feel like at least being given heads up of what is going on would be a wiser strategy in keeping me from going from anticipating to frustrating. Their are items that I have been wanting to get but relcutant to as I suspect they might be in the box. Any support/guidance on what to expect would be appretiated. :)

lluchsinger

by adafruit on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

hey folks!

we're working up more ways to make it more clear what is happening with each shipment, once we are shipping you get the notification and then thousands of AdaBoxes make their way out to the world, this round has more than ever, with more contents than ever, we appreciate your patience and support. they're all on the way and they are all shipping, it just takes some time to get all these out the door.

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.