PYPORTAL RED STATUS

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lunar8nrgy

PYPORTAL RED STATUS

Post by lunar8nrgy »

I've had my adabox 011 for a couple months now. I have programmed the pyportal with various learners and have recently had it running with the weather station. I tried to plug it in to my mac and was not seeing the pyportal. I tried to reset by double pressing the reset button but still don't see the device. The STATUS stays at RED solid and the ACT light is blinking red. Please let me know how I can reset.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: PYPORTAL RED STATUS

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

As a sanity check, verify your USB cable by using it to connect some other, known-working device to the computer.

There's a plague of charge-only cables out there with USB connectors at both ends but no wires for the data signals. We see people get caught by them every day.

Just swapping cables doesn't have any diagnostic value, since it's become normal for people to say they had to try three our four cables before finding one that worked.. the record is ten, IIRC. You need the true positive of a working connection to rule out the false negative of a charge-only cable.

lunar8nrgy

Post by lunar8nrgy »

Thanks! It wasn't the usb cable... Turns out my mac book had a software update. Not sure why the usb ports was not working but after updating I was able to connect to the pyportal.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear you got things working. Happy hacking!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”