YouTube Views & Subscribers Display using the PyPortal
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

YouTube Views & Subscribers Display using the PyPortal

by alphagenius on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:51 am

I am new to CircuitPython and I am following the project to make a YouTube Views & Subscribers display using the PyPortal. The project is in Adabox 11 and is locate here: https://learn.adafruit.com/pyportal-you ... rs-display.

I have some questions about it. I got to the “Connect to WiFi” and I am supposed to use the file “esp32spi_simpletest.py” and rename it to “code.py” and save it to my board. My question is, do I overwrite the “code.py” that is already on the board with this one? The I get to the WiFi Manager section. It mentions a file “esp32spi_aio_post.py” but it does not tell me where to put it or if I am supposed to rename it. How do I handle this?

Then when getting the “youtube.py” file, I am also supposed to rename it to “code.py” and place it on my board. Again, am I supposed to overwrite the “code.py” file that is already there? I am hoping that someone can help me with my questions, and I appreciate any help that I receive.

Thanks

alphagenius

Re: YouTube Views & Subscribers Display using the PyPortal

by alphagenius on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:55 pm

I have fixed this myself.

alphagenius

by johnpark on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am

Excellent, In case someone with a similar questions sees this, could you describe your solution? I'm guessing you renamed your file to "code.py" and all was good?

johnpark

by alphagenius on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:54 am

What happened was that I just lost my mind for a minute. I just got a little confused as to what I was supposed to do. I just got the YouTube code and saved that as "code.py" and everything was fine. I made this for my youngest son. He wants to start a YouTube channel. Everything works fine now and my son is just tickled pink. Thanks John!

alphagenius

by johnpark on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 pm

That happens! Thanks for the update, glad your son's enjoying it!

johnpark

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.