Issue with my PyGamer
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Issue with my PyGamer

by snoopykiss on Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:53 pm

I have gone through the Adabox 12 and was able to successfully assemble and program the PyGamer. However, now after a few weeks later, the PyGamer no longer functions as expected.

Using the same computer that I used before (with no updates), it no longer shows as a drive on my computer. Also, the screen is always blank. However, I turn it on, I do see the 5 red lights at the bottom and the D13 LED flashes.

I have tried from multiple computers as well as different ports on my computer, but to no avail. I have also ensured that the battery is charged (CHG light was on when charging, but has now turned off).

How should I proceed? support@adafruit suggested I post here.

snoopykiss

Re: Issue with my PyGamer

by johnpark on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:50 pm

With it plugged into your computer with a good USB data cable, what happens if you single press the reset button or double-press the reset button on the PyGamer?

johnpark

by RickH913 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Wow...same thing just happened to me today. Assembled the PyGamer from Adabox weeks ago and played the factory installed game many times without issue. Today I get it out of the case, turn it on and all I get is red neopixels and red pulsing light next to the power switch. tried turning it off and on, resetting, connecting up power, etc...nothing worked. I hooked it up to the computer and it mounted PYGAMERBOOT without hitting reset button (first USB cable didn't work but second one did). Found the DigiKey order shipper game, loaded it on PYGAMERBOOT and it's working again. I don't know what happened for sure but it was like the game got corrupted. Reloading with known good USB cable fixed it.

RickH913

by johnpark on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Mysterious mystery! Glad you got it up and running again.

johnpark

by snoopykiss on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Yup, looks like my issues was fixed from using a known USB data cable. Is there an easy way to detect the difference between the two? When I travelled, I used the cables I had on me, which must be just power.

snoopykiss

by franklin97355 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:22 pm

The only way I know is to test them and then mark them in some way to identify the difference. If you are buying a new cable make sure it says it is for data.

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.