PyGamer trouble
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PyGamer trouble

by starblast321 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:47 pm

I am having trouble with the PyGamer. When I first received my PyGamer I played the game that came with it and even added 4 games to my Pygame directories. I when to show it to my niece because she often get the Adabox projects after I have worked them out. This time when I got to her house to show her the Unit it did not run. We hooked up a cable to her computer went on line and to make code set up some games they loaded and ran. The yellow light came on for 5 or so minutes then went of. We put it up and went to eat and other things when we got back it once again it did not work the red light on the back was flickering fronts where red also. Hook up cable to it the red light still flickering and yellow light lit. Let set for 5 or more minuets it started but back to the load a program page. Other things have taken up my time till now. I have tried other things like leave it plugged into my computer over night and all I have done so far have not made it keep a program on it or make it so I can play it with out the cable for very long or after it sets off for a few days? What should I do?

starblast321

Re: PyGamer trouble

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:18 pm

fronts where red also

This sounds like it might be a USB issue. Are you using the same USB cable you were using before when you were able to upload games?

adafruit_support_carter

by starblast321 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Yes I was using a cable that is also running my hollowing with no trouble. I downloads programs and charges the battery on the hollowing and up loads programs to pygamer.

starblast321

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am

Go back to your original setup that worked here:
When I first received my PyGamer I played the game that came with it and even added 4 games to my Pygame directories.

What happens if you plug the board in and press the reset button?

adafruit_support_carter

by starblast321 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Some times it still just stays red on the back led and read on the front and the screen stays black. When it stays black with the red I hit the reset and no response other than the back Red led goes out while the reset is held. If I have the cable hooked up let set for a minute or 2 then hit reset the boot loader screen comes up. hit reset and back to boot loader screen no program. load game play some and then let sit for about hour un plug usb cable let sit for 25 minutes then go and try it out right now it didn't show game it did show boot loader hit reset back to boot loader. turn off for 5 minutes now and turn back on and rear red led flicker front leds on no screen black.

starblast321

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Sounds inconsistent. But at one point you were able to get a game to load and play it for a bit. What game was that? Can you link to it?

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.