Due to high demand, expect some shipping delays at this time - orders may not ship for up to 2-3 business days.

Song-O-Matic
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Song-O-Matic

by rclarke250 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Song-o-matic.jpg
Front of the Jukebox
Song-o-matic.jpg (290.73 KiB) Viewed 706 times
I made a small Jukebox , Main Jukebox uses a Raspberry PI 3B and the Fuitbox software. It has Neopixels and the Playground Express from my sub. for the lighting effects. Art Deco / Steampunk style. The speakers are because my wife works as the projectionist at the local Drive-In theater.

rclarke250

Re: Song-O-Matic

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:47 pm

Wow - that is really nice! Thanks for sharing.

adafruit_support_carter

by GeekQuixotic on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Holy cow is that amazing!

Do you have a write-up of the full project somewhere? I'd love to steal... I mean... get inspired by your process. :-)

GeekQuixotic

by rclarke250 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Sorry it took so long to reply, I forgot to click the box to notify me of replies. I have everything up on Thingiverse, it looks a little weird because the website was having issues when I posted it, and haven't got back to try and update it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4311433 If you need help, I have my notes still on setting everything up, and how to wire it up.

rclarke250

by kirky83 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:12 am

PunqRot wrote:Holy cow is that amazing!

Do you have a write-up of the full project somewhere? I'd love to steal... I mean... get inspired by your process. :-)

You can google chunderMike fruitbox - thats where its from and I did mine - still searching on how to add internet streams to the playlist though....

kirky83

by GeekQuixotic on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:33 pm

You can google chunderMike fruitbox - thats where its from and I did mine - still searching on how to add internet streams to the playlist though....

Yeah. I found ChunderMike and Fruitbox a while back when it was just getting started. I suspected that was the base of this project as well, but I've never really seen a good write up of building one.

But in regards to the streaming... one idea I had was to use Fruitbox for the UI, but have the buttons (I'm thinking physical buttons for mine) actually connect to a Python script that drives Mopidy or some other Spotify API to shuffle a playlist and add songs to the queue. Every night a script would pull down the info from the playlist and create "touch files" (maybe with ID3 tags) and create the files that Fruitbox would read and render the UI.

Yes, I'm probably overthinking this, but if Fruitbox would control Mopidy (which also supports local files), I'd be done.

GeekQuixotic

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.