AdaBox 17 MagTag Quotes Board Error Problem

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kenfx00

AdaBox 17 MagTag Quotes Board Error Problem

Post by kenfx00 »

Hi,

I am getting the following error on the MagTag Quotes Board project:
File: "adafruit_magtag/magtag.py" line 32 in <module>
File "adafruit_portalbase__init__.py" line 28 in <module>

Import Error: no module named 'adafruit_display_text.wrap_text_to _lines'

Code done running. Waiting for reload.

Ken

raydz

Re: AdaBox 17 MagTag Quotes Board Error Problem

Post by raydz »

I tried several of the projects tonight with the same results from the latest libraries. And based on the other post, there may be some other issue afoot. It does not seem to matter how many different ways the libraries are loaded, they yield the same results.

makeLively

Post by makeLively »

I am seeing this as well
[edit]
So.. In a fit of desperation I went into the lib/adafruit_display_text directory on the magtag to compare the files to the library files.
There was an extra __init__.py (not mpy) that isn't in the original lib directory... so.. I deleted it... Which seems to have fixed my issue...
YMMV

Susan
Last edited by makeLively on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcneight

Post by mcneight »

I just managed to fix this error on my board.

In lib/adafruit_display_text there are two __init__ files; one is an older .py file and the other is a newer .mpy file. Delete the .py file and reset the board.

When you copy folders (at least in Windows anyway), if a file no longer exists in the newer directory, it is not deleted in the older directory.

-Neil

makeLively

Post by makeLively »

Thanks Neil, also Jinx! :)
I was sure I had completely removed the lib folder from the magtag before copying the new libs over... But somehow that extra init__.py got in there.
Happy the board is working regardless.
Susan

kenfx00

Post by kenfx00 »

makeLively wrote:I am seeing this as well
[edit]
So.. In a fit of desperation I went into the lib/adafruit_display_text directory on the magtag to compare the files to the library files.
There was an extra __init__.py (not mpy) that isn't in the original lib directory... so.. I deleted it... Which seems to have fixed my issue...
YMMV

Susan
Thanks Susan,

That did it! Seems to work now.

Ken

raydz

Post by raydz »

It seems some of the adaboxes came with the earlier version of the board without the UF2 bootloader which may help explain why the most recent libraries are not working. So if you are plugged into your computer and can see the circuitpy drive, and you double click the reset and do not get the magtagboot drive, then you need to go through the process to make sure you get the latest UF2 version.

raydz

Post by raydz »

Getting the UF2 to the current version and getting the libraries from today made the difference. Uploaded projects are now working. The weather display is great. I need to figure out how to incorporate Purple Air data into the display. Thanks all for the hints that got me pointed in the right direction.

deppeler

Post by deppeler »

makeLively wrote:I am seeing this as well
[edit]
YMMV

Susan
Thanks so much. I've been looking for differences in files, and not differences in files in each lib folder. This was my problem too. I'm so happy to see "Naughty" and "Nice" list. You are so "NICE". Thanks again. -deb

elaird

Post by elaird »

I just spent hours troubleshooting this and googleing and going over and over why even this wouldn't work.
from adafruit_magtag.magtag import MagTag

deleting the rogue file fixed it!

eeeeeepic

Post by eeeeeepic »

I was just struggling with this too - Adafruit should add a tag to do this on the main 017 box page because I was tearing my hair out!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “AdaBox! Show us what you made!”