Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix

by oriesta on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:06 am

I'm having trouble building the project located in circuitplayground/ports/unix. Make output is:

(circuitpython) oriesta@LINK:~/Projects/circuitpython/ports/unix$ make V=1
GEN build/genhdr/mpversion.h
GEN build/genhdr/moduledefs.h
GEN build/genhdr/qstr.i.last
In file included from ../../lib/axtls/ssl/ssl.h:75,
from ../../extmod/modussl_axtls.c:37:
../../lib/axtls/ssl/tls1.h:43:10: fatal error: version.h: No such file or directory
#include "version.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I am able to build micropython/ports/unix project just fine so I diffed the two projects and noticed some changes in some of the parent *.mk files that could be the problem but I have yet to dig deep enough.

Just curious if others are able to build the unix port of circuitpython. I am running this in a kubuntu 19.04 VM on a WIN10 host. and have setup my build environment per the instructions found at learn.adafruit.com/building-circuitpython/build-circuitpython.

Thanks!

oriesta

Re: Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix

by tannewt2 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm

We use the UNIX ports in our CI so it should work just fine. Did you `make -C ports/unix deplibs -j2` before doing the regular make?

Here is how the CI does it: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpyth ... ld.yml#L37

tannewt2

Re: Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix

by oriesta on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 pm

I missed the dependency build step and when I try I get an error re: a missing autoreconf file in the libffi folder. I'll start running that down next. Thanks so much for suggestion.

oriesta

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.