๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday January 20, 2020 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday January 17 will go out Tuesday January 21 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix

by oriesta on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:06 am

I'm having trouble building the project located in circuitplayground/ports/unix. Make output is:

(circuitpython) oriesta@LINK:~/Projects/circuitpython/ports/unix$ make V=1
GEN build/genhdr/mpversion.h
GEN build/genhdr/moduledefs.h
GEN build/genhdr/qstr.i.last
In file included from ../../lib/axtls/ssl/ssl.h:75,
from ../../extmod/modussl_axtls.c:37:
../../lib/axtls/ssl/tls1.h:43:10: fatal error: version.h: No such file or directory
#include "version.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I am able to build micropython/ports/unix project just fine so I diffed the two projects and noticed some changes in some of the parent *.mk files that could be the problem but I have yet to dig deep enough.

Just curious if others are able to build the unix port of circuitpython. I am running this in a kubuntu 19.04 VM on a WIN10 host. and have setup my build environment per the instructions found at learn.adafruit.com/building-circuitpython/build-circuitpython.

Thanks!

oriesta

Re: Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix

by tannewt2 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm

We use the UNIX ports in our CI so it should work just fine. Did you `make -C ports/unix deplibs -j2` before doing the regular make?

Here is how the CI does it: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpyth ... ld.yml#L37

tannewt2

Re: Circuitpython: make ../ports/unix

by oriesta on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 pm

I missed the dependency build step and when I try I get an error re: a missing autoreconf file in the libffi folder. I'll start running that down next. Thanks so much for suggestion.

oriesta

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.