Getting Circuit Playground Express to Work-First Time

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
neiltsubota

Getting Circuit Playground Express to Work-First Time

Post by neiltsubota »

I am wondering what I am missing.

I have the Circuit Playground Express to work for the first time. I have downloaded to *.uf2 file into my "Downloads" folder.

I have also installed the Mu Editor.

I have the board plugged into my MacBook and I have a green LED, and when I reset it. The LEDs turn red, and the D13 led flashed red.

I can't even recognize this board on my computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance. (TIA)

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Getting Circuit Playground Express to Work-First Time

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Try a different USB cable. Make sure it is not charge only. Getting the red LEDs on the Circuit Playground Express means it can't see the USB data.

neiltsubota

Post by neiltsubota »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Try a different USB cable. Make sure it is not charge only. Getting the red LEDs on the Circuit Playground Express means it can't see the USB data.
I have tried 2 micro USB cords on two different computers and I get the same results. (Only red flashing LED and it is NOT recognized .

adafruit_support_carter

Charge only USB cables are a *huge* issue, unfortunately. Have you verified the cables are not charge only some other way? Can you use them with some other device and make sure you can move data with them?

neiltsubota

Post by neiltsubota »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Charge only USB cables are a *huge* issue, unfortunately. Have you verified the cables are not charge only some other way? Can you use them with some other device and make sure you can move data with them?
Yes, my USB cables work for my Kindle, and other devices, just NOT the Circuit Playground Express device. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

adafruit_support_carter

OK, thanks for checking the USB cable. Do you have access to another PC? It'd be good to see if you get the same behavior on a separate machine.

neiltsubota

Post by neiltsubota »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:OK, thanks for checking the USB cable. Do you have access to another PC? It'd be good to see if you get the same behavior on a separate machine.
YES ! I have tried 2 different computers and 3 different USB cables. This is taking way to long to fix this issue.

Thank You

adafruit_support_carter

Let's try a replacement. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement CPX.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”