Bluefruit Connect App Still Doesn't Consistently Show CPB

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gallaugher

Bluefruit Connect App Still Doesn't Consistently Show CPB

Post by gallaugher »

I'm having issues with a CPB not showing up in the Bluefruit Connect app. CPB is showing in the iOS app, but not the iPad nor the Mac app. I know it won't show if a device is already connected to it, but even if I power down the iPhone completely & restart the CPB, iPad, and Mac, I still don't see the CPB showing up in the iPad or in the Mac Bluefruit Connect app. All devices have same settings, which I think are defaults: show unnamed devices & must have UART service are both on, Multiple UART mode is off. I just upgraded to CircuitPython 7.0 and updated all libraries. I've even tried turning off bluetooth for the Mac, then turning it back on. Any recommendations for getting this to run smoothly are VERY MUCH welcome, as I'll have > 20 devices in a room on Thurs. when students use this for in-class exercises. Students are asked to use a unique "advertisement". The code I'm running today is at:
https://github.com/gallaugher/bluetooth ... in/code.py
I had also experienced earlier problems with advertisement names not showing up, but at least for the iPhone, where the CPB is showing up, if the advertisement name doesn't show in in the device list, it does show up when the device name is tapped and the "local name" is shown.
Thanks for any help!

mikeysklar

Re: Bluefruit Connect App Still Doesn't Consistently Show CP

Post by mikeysklar »

When you compare this screen (or the modern equivalent) between your iOS devices are they all the same settings (eg. shown unnamed devices and must have UART service selected).
connect-uart.jpeg
connect-uart.jpeg (514.5 KiB) Viewed 48 times
Are all the iOS devices upgraded to iOS 15?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”