Boot Version of Titanio
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Boot Version of Titanio

by Hazer on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:15 pm

I was trying to reuse some code that I had from another project that uses a handful of imports. When I tried adding the .mpy files to the libs, I saw an error stating

"MpyError: Incompatible .mpy file. Please update all."

At that point, I remembered I had updated the boot loader on my previous pyportal (not a titanio). So I headed to your site to get the correct version of the libraries. Your page said to check the boot_out.txt to determine which version of the libraries to use. On your page I see that there are version 7 and 8 libraries, When I check my boot_out.txt I see the following;

Adafruit CircuitPython 5.0.0-beta.0 on 2019-11-19; Adafruit PyPortal Titano with samd51j20

So what version is this? Can I upgrade everything to the current (version 8)? If so, is there an outline of the steps?

Thanks.
Hazer

Re: Boot Version of Titanio

by tannewt on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:20 pm

That is an early version of CircuitPython 5. CircuitPython 7.3.1 is the latest stable. You update CircuitPython with the same process as installing it the first time: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... cuitpython

Note, that this is separate from the bootloader. You shouldn't need to update the bootloader unless the product Learn guide suggests it.

tannewt

Re: Boot Version of Titanio

by Hazer on Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:42 am

Thank you!
Hazer

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.