On Saturday, August 13, 2022 we will be working on the Adafruit Customer Support Forums. If you visit over the weekend and things are not complete yet, please check back later, https://adafruit.com/forumupdates

RFM95x with CP 7.3.1 VERSION NUMBER ERROR
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RFM95x with CP 7.3.1 VERSION NUMBER ERROR

by johncblacker on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:35 am

I'm trying to use my rfm9x LoRa boards with circuitpython 7.3.1 but when I try to instantiate the rfm9x object I get a version number error. I checked the code for the adafruit_rfm9x.py and see that it is looking for a version number of 18; I inserted a print(version) prior to the check and my board's version number is showing as 0 (zero). I'm wondering if there's a problem of compatibility between the python lib or the fact that these boards are several years old (2, at least). I tried just setting the version number in the code to 18 just before the check but then it fails on the next sequence of instructions. I'm running on a pyboard v1.1 with circuitpython 7.3.1. I can't find anything in the forums about this problem, so maybe it's something related to my setup. I need some help and guidance.

johncblacker

Re: RFM95x with CP 7.3.1 VERSION NUMBER ERROR

by jerryn on Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:10 am

Usually when you get a 0 instead of the expected value, it is a communication error. The version check is done to test the communication. Most likely it is a wiring issue or a bad connection on one of the pins.

jerryn

Re: RFM95x with CP 7.3.1 VERSION NUMBER ERROR

by johncblacker on Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:14 am

This can be closed. I found that I had the MISO/MOSI wiring reversed. Once I correct, all works fine...sorry for the post. Please close. My version number now shows as 18 which is what is being checked in the adafruit_rfm9x.py code.

johncblacker

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.