Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

shiny ESP32
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

shiny ESP32

by visualecho on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Here's a circuit I made with the few ESP32 modules that were available. The hardware works, but not having any luck getting uPython working (for various reasons). Looking forward to trying 'things' out as they become available, and will help where I can.
esp32_plugged.jpg
ESP32-based point-defense system. Oops, I mean lamp controller.
esp32_plugged.jpg (112.76 KiB) Viewed 412 times

visualecho

Re: shiny ESP32

by adafruit_support_rick on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 am

Nice work!

adafruit_support_rick

by tannewt on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:39 am

Looks super cool! I'd love to hear about your attempts to get uPython working on the ESP32.

tannewt

by visualecho on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 am

Well, it's been six months since I tried this again, and the MicroPython works. I got busy learning 3D printing while waiting for the code port, and looks like most things are working now. I can flash and use either the stock daily build binary image, or git pull and build it myself. The pinout is identical to the reference implementation, so I shouldn't have too many problems, I'm not quite clear on some of the steps to define a new machine.

There is no webrepl yet, but the Adafruit "ampy" library pips right into place and does the job, although it's a little cumbersome, and I won't be able to send files to it wirelessly after it's been commissioned (this is a lamp controller). I'm guessing there are other file management solutions if not a simple web server library to do it.

Doing the electrical testing, these Rigol DS1054's are really pretty nice for the price. I'm used to a military rebuilt analog Tektronix 945.

visualecho

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.