Cant get Wipy2.0 out of AP mode...

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jparisse

Cant get Wipy2.0 out of AP mode...

Post by jparisse »

I have a WiPy 2.0 with expansion board and am following the Adafruit tutorial to modify boot.py to get the board to boot into client mode and signup and connect to my home network. I am generally familiar with the process and am able to FTP and access the Python prompt via Atom when connected in AP mode.. I have Pis and Teensy that connect via WiFi as clients without issue.

I like the concept of MicroPython but so far just getting connected to this board is a PITA. Any suggestions (including "shelve it until x comes out) will be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

tannewt

Re: Cant get Wipy2.0 out of AP mode...

Post by tannewt »

Hi Jeff,
Sorry you are having trouble getting it going. I've not used WiPy at all so I can't be super helpful.

However, I'd like to know what tutorial you are following. The only thing I can find is: https://learn.adafruit.com/micropython- ... board/wipy which refers to the official docs rather than Adafruit tutorials. Have you tried getting support from PyCom? They may know better than us.

Thanks,
Scott

jparisse

Post by jparisse »

Scott;

I started with:
https://learn.adafruit.com/micro-guide- ... d?view=all

The boot.py modifications on the Adafruit tutorial above are identical to the ones suggested at Pycom. I started at the top of the 'getting started' guide at Pycom twice only to get hung up on the WiPy 2.0 connection to my network (other than me connecting to its network). It just seems oddly backwards and is not a operational dead stop per se.

In terms of who knowing better than who: I find that in any subject matter, Adafruit publications are more accurate and useful than similar publications even those created by originators.

I have a workaround. I can hardwire Internet to my laptop and then use WiFi to connect to the WiPy (I find it handy to have access to the internet while I code). ;-)

Jeff

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

Thanks for the link! I had missed that guide. We can ping the author if needed.

I'm glad you got a work around and totally agree that internet is useful while coding. I hope you can get it working on your network too.

If you find out the issue please reply back and we can get the guide updated.

Thanks,
Scott

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”