Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Can't get WIN 10 to load Pyboard Drivers
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can't get WIN 10 to load Pyboard Drivers

by harrzack on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Huge disappointment! Just received my Pyboard and cant get drivers to load. I'm not a hardware/software noob, and have just spent (wasted) 3 hrs of trying to get Pyboard Virtual Comm Port to "Update Drivers". I constantly get an "unsigned driver" error - and can't get past it! Have tried all the tricks all the tricks to disable driver signing requirements in Win 10 - to no avail. This is a heavy duty system - self built and generally up to date and no known "problems"

I've looked at the PDF on installing the drivers and it appears to be a bit outdated as I don't see any of the menu items shown in the diagrams.

I suspect the prob is with the unsigned driver - any ideas how to ACTUALLY get past this?

=Alan R.

harrzack

Re: Can't get WIN 10 to load Pyboard Drivers

by tannewt on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Sorry to hear that harrzack!

Would you mind linking to the instructions you are following? I don't do a ton with the PyBoard but am surprised you need drivers at all for the VCP. Windows 10 has built in drivers for CDC which we use on our M0 boards with CircuitPython.

Another good resource for MicroPython questions is the MicroPython forums.

Cheers,
Scott

tannewt

by harrzack on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi - Case Solved! Turns out one of my USB ports appears to not be working correctly. When I installed the pyboard another USB port, then did the "Update Driver" - I got the expected warning that the driver was not signed - but this time it let me "Install anyway" and now the Pyboard and now it shows up as COM9 and a valid USB port.

Now to try and talk to the board.. :-)

harrzack

by tannewt on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Yay! Have fun and thanks for following up here to let us know you figured it out.

tannewt

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.