Mu on Windows

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AnneBarela
Learn User Page

Mu on Windows

Post by AnneBarela »

Mu 1.0.0. beta 13 on Windows 10 with Circuit Playground Express

I am not getting a terminal screen running Mu on Windows when executing print commands in the editor and run them on the CPX. I can open the REPL and have that do print. Does the Windows exe currently support the terminal as in the tutorials or is that still a work in progress?

Also I have noticed that the docs do not seem to document the tabbed interface. You can now have multiple files like notepad++ but I haven't read that sa a feature.

Finally with Save, sometimes I want to save to my computer, sometimes to the CPX, is there a way to distinguish between the two saves?

DLBoyd151

Re: Mu on Windows

Post by DLBoyd151 »

Hi Mike,

With Mu, the built-in REPL provides serial console functionality.

If you don't want to use the REPL in Mu, you can download and install one of the other recommended applications terminal programs like Putty or TeraTerm.
see this guide for how-to: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... on-windows

You won't be able to use both the REPL in Mu and different terminal program simultaneously as only 1 application can have access to the serial port at a time. I tested with Mu and TeraTerm and was able to connect TeraTerm as long as the REPL pane in Mu was not open.

I know the doc's for Mu are still being worked on, but I will check to see if the tabbed interface is being addressed and will add a new issue for it if not.

A save dialog only appears for a new file. Once you save the file or you open an existing file, the save simply updates that file. I will look into adding a request to allow a 'Save As' type function for the CPX as well.

Let me know if you have anymore quesitons.

David

AnneBarela
Learn User Page

Re: Mu on Windows

Post by AnneBarela »

Thank you for the reply. I thought I might have seen the terminal replies in the REPL but it was not easy and also the Adafruit tutorial had what looked like a separate "screen #" window. That could have been a Mac terminal the author was using. The tutorial section is at

https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... al-console

Best regards, Mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”