Alpha 4 and Feather M0 Express

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
geekguy

Alpha 4 and Feather M0 Express

Post by geekguy »

Hi,

I have a pink NeoPixel when main.py is running.

8-Dale

tannewt

Re: Alpha 4 and Feather M0 Express

Post by tannewt »

Thanks for the report! I believe the status neopixel color is fixed in master so keep an eye out for Alpha 5 next week!

Thanks again!

geekguy

Post by geekguy »

Hi,

I have a new problem. I can not copy files to CIRCUITPY because I am told the file system is read only. I do not know if this is a Linux issue or a Feather issue. The weird thing is that I can copy an entire directory (lib) to CIRCUITPY, but I can not copy a single file because the FS is read only. This is truly strange!

Do you have any ideas?

8-Dale

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

The file system has probably become corrupted, probably becuase the board was reset or powered off before filesystem operation complete. On Linux, after you copy with the command line or a file manager window, eject CIRCUITPY, or just type `sync` in a shell. That will insure all the data is written out.

Since you're using Alpha 4, you can just do this in the REPL:

>>> import storage
>>> storage.erase_filesystem()

That will erase and re-create CIRCUITPY.

geekguy

Post by geekguy »

danhalbert wrote:The file system has probably become corrupted, probably becuase the board was reset or powered off before filesystem operation complete.
I have flash erased and rebuilt everything twice. Shouldn't doing that reinitialize everything?

It may actually by my Linux FS that has gotten corrupted. I hope not, but it is possible. It takes several hours to rebuild that system.

8-Dale

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

Reloading CircuitPython does not erase the SPI flash chip. You have to use the SPI flash eraser program, or more easily, the REPL code above.

When I said your filesystem is corrupt, I just meant CIRCUITPY. Your host computer Linux filesystem is not corrupt. You -might- need to reboot to clear its memory about errors on a USB port, but I've rarely seen that.

geekguy

Post by geekguy »

danhalbert wrote:Reloading CircuitPython does not erase the SPI flash chip. You have to use the SPI flash eraser program, or more easily, the REPL code above.
Ahhhh! I did that, and things seem to be back to normal now. I do not know how long that will last though, because I am very good at breaking things...

8-Dale

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”