Pygamer green/blue screen loads, but cannot copy files
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pygamer green/blue screen loads, but cannot copy files

by Racer1Tn on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

I am beginning to think its not meant for me to work with these. I have had other support requests and we never resolved the problem. I grew tired of trying soo many different things with no positive results. So its on me. Surely I cannot be the only one having these issues?
I can boot to the pygamer folder but I cannot copy files to the drive. It takes a while and then I get a popup that says the file is too large. I have the same problem with the halloween python based too. I do not have the same problem with the pyportal, I was able to copy files to it no problem. . What's a techie to do???

Racer1Tn

Re: Pygamer green/blue screen loads, but cannot copy files

by Racer1Tn on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Also I am not able to open the txt file from the drive to view the text. I'm thinking its a driver issue with Windows 10, but we never arrive at a solution on previous attempts nor went down that path. When the pygame boots without a USB cable attached all I get are all of the leds are red, nothing more. With the USB and the PyGame upload menu, the led's are green.

Racer1Tn

by johnpark on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:07 am

In your previous attempts, have you been able to try on a different computer?

johnpark

by Racer1Tn on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Yes, all windows 10 laptop and a desktop, same result. I downloaded the Adafruit drivers last night and still no change. I also tried it on a Windows 8.1 laptop with 3.0 usb. It will open the drive in folder view, but when I try to view the text file, I eventually get a not responding pop up. When I plugged in the pygamer, Windows automatically loaded driver to recognize the device on Windows 8.1. The only thing that will display is if its plugged into a usb port and the drive pops up to view. It will do the same if I press the reset once. Pygamer version shows as 3.6.0. I d/l ver. 3.7.0 .uf2 but cannot copy to it. Is there a support chat where I can try troubleshooting without playing leap frog waiting on replies? If I boot it only off the battery, I only get the red led D13 to light and the leds on the front light up all red. The display stays blank. Can this be reinitialized or file copied to the Micro SD port?
I've also tried different ports and different USB cables. Additionally, there does not seem to be any different behavior if I single or double click the reset button.

Racer1Tn

by Racer1Tn on Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Also Mu does not see the pygamer connected, shows not responding and gives a not connected error that it will default to the local share. Unrelated but, Also noted the posts on this website are showing many hours later than they really are, what's up with that??
PS, I'm using the nice purple USB cable that came with the PyPortal and it makes no difference.
Trying to update the bootloader thru the Arduino IDE and get the following error. I've updated the boards, I've added the new path in the preferences and have all the board settings as standard. I downloaded the 3.7.0 version ino file.
Error is:
Board adafruit_pygamer_m4 (platform samd, package adafruit) is unknown

Error compiling for board Adafruit PyGamer M4 Express (SAMD51).

Racer1Tn

by tannewt2 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:18 pm

We have unofficial support through our Discord: https://adafru.it/discord This forum is the only way to get official technical support.

You shouldn't need drivers on Windows 10 and 8.1 I believe as well. I'd recommend removing them. Other drivers can also mess up the device.

What version of CircuitPython have you installed on the PyGamer? Please post a picture or video of what the screen shows. Thanks!

tannewt2

by Racer1Tn on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Thanks, and can you be more specific to the "other drivers" that need removed?

Racer1Tn

by tannewt2 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:44 am

I don't use Windows myself so I can't be sure. I think there is a way to see the currently active driver for a device though.

There is a bit more info here: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... leshooting

tannewt2

by Racer1Tn on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:41 pm

First thing I did is went and removed any installed drivers not needed. Still getting same result.

While wating on a reply, i started going thru the arduino setup steps. I'm also setting up the Arduino configuration to load the aruduino program following the directions here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pyg ... rduino-ide
The problem I'm running into here is that the settings are generic and not specific to the pygamer, as I'm reading it. I must be missing something.
I've followed all of the steps to set up the IDE for the pygamer.
The pygamer program compiles with no errors.
I upload the file to the pygamer and it hangs for a long time. Then it errors out not communicating on comm port that it is connected on. I verified in device manager that the pygamer is on comm 23, its showing the same comm port in Arduino IDE.

Sketch uses 74704 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 507904 bytes.
No device found on COM23
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit PyGamer M4 Express (SAMD51), Enabled, 120 MHz (standard), Small (-Os) (standard), 50 MHz (standard), Arduino, Off"
This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I think a setting is missing in the setup page listed above?

Racer1Tn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.