Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality.

CircuitPython on custom board periodically disconnects/recon
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: CircuitPython on custom board periodically disconnects/r

by vputz on Sun May 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Thread necro, sir!

Sorry for the blast from the past. Everything for this project "works"; my Samd21 board design has been replaced with a Seeeduino Xiao soldered onto a serial interface, and I made a similar little DB9 "Serial Featherwing" that works at least with the Feather M4 Express, and it's been great fun playing games with a mid-90's gaming device going through either the Feather or my board. Updated my fork to 5.3.0 and everything looks pretty dandy.

Good so far; it turns out that basically the only modifications for the HID report came into hid_report_descriptors.py (defining the new report) and gen_usb_descriptor.py.

So just checking--since I can't see a 6-axis 16-button device as so generally useful it should be in mainline CircuitPython, and since the Orbotron "board" is now an existing device "glued onto" a serial interface, should I just maintain the separate fork? I don't know as there's much to try and contribute back, but thought I would check in case there was now a way to define hid device reports at runtime or some such.

Cheers and thanks for the help; it's great to be running the orb stuff on much more solid hardware!

vputz

Re: CircuitPython on custom board periodically disconnects/r

by danhalbert on Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm

A fork is probably the easiest thing for right now. We have plans for user-defined HID reports, but it's not implemented yet: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/issues/1015. Watch that issue if you'd like. Glad it's all working!

danhalbert

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.