Instruction set
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Instruction set

by sidecarrick on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 am

Hi, I have noticed while using the circuit playground express, trellis m4 and feather m4 express with the neo trellis that there are different instructions for button presses and lighting the leds. Is there a list of instructions for each individual board that all of the instructions for only that board? How do I find that list? I am new to circuit python and would like to take examples from one board to other boards. Thanks

sidecarrick

Re: Instruction set

by siddacious on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:16 pm

Welcome to the CircuitPython and Adafruit community! Nice to have ya ;)

I'm not sure I 100% understood your question but you did say that you're trying to use the same code on different boards. This will of course only be possible where the features of the boards overlap.

This guide explains how to do different things in CircuitPython in a way that should generally be able to be used on different boards:
https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpython-essentials

The Circuit Playground Express and NeoTrellis M4 both have "helper" libraries that take care of some of the setup for things like neopixels to make it easier for beginners to get started. These helper libraries are specific to each board that has them, so code that uses them wouldn't be able to be used without modification.

I hope this helps. If I misunderstood or you have more questions about something specific that you're trying to do, post again and we'll try to help

siddacious

Re: Instruction set

by sidecarrick on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 am

Thanks for the response. I found what I was looking for here:

https://adafruit.github.io/Adafruit_See ... ellis.html

Of course I'm a newby and don't know how to ask the question. But I'll keep plunging away. I'll figure it out eventually.

sidecarrick

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.