Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Feather M0 RFM9x Constant "soft reboot"
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather M0 RFM9x Constant "soft reboot"

by marcusone on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:09 pm

[edit] I'm trying to get subject to work but get "RuntimeError: SDA or SCL needs a pull up", which I fixed,

Using the sample code from https://learn.adafruit.com/multi-device ... adafruitio

Tried both 4.x and 5.x CircuitPython.

Even running a simple blink led program, I keep getting "soft restart" rebooting constantly.

is the board bad?

Sending LoraData (not sure if its working as haven't setup receiver yet), but board keeps rebooting :(

marcusone

Re: Feather M0 RFM9x Constant "soft reboot"

by dastels on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 am

What do you mean by "constantly"? And what computer OS are you using it with?

Usually these soft restarts are due to the OS touching the CIRCUITPY filesystem. This is handy when you save a new version of your code to it, but it's annoying when it happens for no good reason. You can turn off autoreloading:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
import supervisor
supervisor.disable_autoreload()

Now changing files (or your OS poking the drive) won't cause a soft restart.

You can re-enable it with:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
import supervisor
supervisor.enable_autoreload()

Dave

dastels

by marcusone on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:28 am

Windows 10... ah, i wonder if anti-virus or such is doing it :( I'll test more, thank you!

It runs for 1-5 seconds, then soft reboots; so hopefully that solves it! :)
Its an M0 so I went back to Arduino C coding :) but will be getting an M4 to try.

Thanks!

marcusone

by danhalbert on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Yes, try disabling the antivirus, and any disk utilities you have, or any disk indexing program. Any write to CIRCUITPY will be taken as a change to the program and it will restart.

danhalbert

by fh2level on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:38 pm

marcusone wrote:[edit] I'm trying to get subject to work but get "RuntimeError: SDA or SCL needs a pull up", which I fixed,

Using the sample code from https://learn.adafruit.com/multi-device ... adafruitio

:(

How did you fix the RuntimeError? my RFM9x using the sample code above gives me the RuntimeError with or without anything connected to the feather.

fh2level

by marcusone on Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:52 pm

fh2level wrote:
marcusone wrote:[edit] I'm trying to get subject to work but get "RuntimeError: SDA or SCL needs a pull up", which I fixed,

:(

How did you fix the RuntimeError? my RFM9x using the sample code above gives me the RuntimeError with or without anything connected to the feather.

I switched back to programming in C. Python isn't stable enough.

marcusone

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.