Trinket M0 (Arduino) Windows 7 Fail to Recognize Device

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jacobthetechy

Trinket M0 (Arduino) Windows 7 Fail to Recognize Device

Post by jacobthetechy »

Having an issue with Windows 7 recognizing the Trinket M0 with Arduino as a COM device, as well as issues with installing drivers.

The USB cable is good. I am able to program the board through a raspberry pi with no issues.

I have use the latest 2.4.0.0 drivers.exe with no luck.

I can put the Trinket M0 into boot loader mode and access the TRINKETBOOT drive.
MVIMG_20200317_115647_smaller.jpg
MVIMG_20200317_115647_smaller.jpg (953.56 KiB) Viewed 138 times
When I try to manually update the drivers I get an error. Adafruit Trinket M0 Arduino (804E:00) The system cannot find the file specified.
MVIMG_20200317_115802_small.jpg
MVIMG_20200317_115802_small.jpg (1016.58 KiB) Viewed 138 times
The system is a rather bare bones Windows, project is for work, so I suspect there are some base drivers/software that may not be installed like a personal computer.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very appreciated!

jacobthetechy

Re: Trinket M0 (Arduino) Windows 7 Fail to Recognize Device

Post by jacobthetechy »

After Doing a lot of digging, my hunch is there are FTDI drivers that are conflicting with the M0.

Maybe someone has an opinion to this?

danhalbert

Re: Trinket M0 (Arduino) Windows 7 Fail to Recognize Device

Post by danhalbert »

First, try the Device Cleanup tool from here: https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html, with the Trinket unplugged. Clean out pretty much everything.

If that doesn't work, try right-clicking on the Trinket device in Device Manager and manually uninstalling the drivers. Check the box that says to uninstall the software. Then reinstall the 2.4.0.0 drivers.

I think I've seen this behavior before when the board is plugged in before the Adafruit drivers are installed. It's better to install the drivers first and only then plug in the board.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”