Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

CIrcuit Python Emulator
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

CIrcuit Python Emulator

by bharadwajtke on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 am

Hi,
I am a new bee, as I dont have the Adafruit any board which would support circuit python, hence for circuit python learning purpose I need Circuit Python Emulator hence suggest / guide
1. Any circuit python emulator available? if any plz share the Software for downloading.
2. Any document is available for the circuit python emulator? if any plz guide me through

Guide me if at all no emulator available for learning circuit Python, suggest the alternative.

I feel instead of directly learning Python i felt its easier to learn circuit python in terms of easy handling of files, as in case of Python it has multiple files to include.

Thanks folks in advance.
MN Bharadwaj

bharadwajtke

Re: CIrcuit Python Emulator

by dastels on Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:37 am

CircuitPython is Python. So in terms of the language, learning using Python is a fine approach. CircuitPython does have some limitations, but the core language is the same. As are the majority of the core libraries.

If you have a Raspberry Pi or similar board you can use blinka to make use of CircuitPython device libraries with regular Python 3. Please see https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpython-on-raspberrypi-linux.

But if your goal is to learn programming in Python/CircutiPython, just use the latest Python3 for your system.

Dave

dastels

by bharadwajtke on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:01 am

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for the Suggestion.

bharadwajtke

by danhalbert on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:40 pm

You may find this VSCode simulator interesting as well: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... torexpress

danhalbert

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.