Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

MPRLS pressure sensor on Onion Omega 2+
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

MPRLS pressure sensor on Onion Omega 2+

by yeg on Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Has anyone succeeded in accessing the MPRLS pressure sensor from Python on an onion omega? The problem is that the Onion Python package i2c.readByte necessarily sends a register value to the slave, but that cancels the MPRLS read mode. There does not seem to be a read function for chips without internal addressable registers like the MPRLS. There is commentary on the MPRLS instruction pages that circuit python would do it with the onioin omega specific Blinka package. Has a working version of Blinka for onion Omega 2+ been posted anywhere? Any other suggestions for getting it to work would be great, too.
yeg

Re: MPRLS pressure sensor on Onion Omega 2+

by MakerMelissa on Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Hello,

I'm working on adding the Onion Omega2+ to blinka right now. Currently I2C and UART are working. I'm expecting to wrap it up this week. You can follow the issue at https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Blinka/issues/221. I'll be sure to test out the MPRLS sensor before creating a PR as I have one on hand.

Thanks,
Melissa

MakerMelissa

by yeg on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Terrific. Please let us know when a stable release is available and, importantly, instructions on installing it and interfacing with Circuit Python.
yeg

by wminarik on Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:29 pm

This is great (I see the PR was submitted 2 hours ago)! Thanks MakerMelissa and yeyeto2788.

Bill

wminarik

by MakerMelissa on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Hello,

I have merged the code for the Onion Omega2+ into Blinka and successfully tested it with the MPRLS pressure sensor over I2C. There currently isn't a guide available for setup, but the general steps are to make sure you're running OnionOS (The default one that comes on the board), install Python Periphery (https://github.com/vsergeev/python-periphery), make sure you have Python3/Pip3 installed (I can't remember if it's installed by default), then install Blinka with
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
pip3 install --upgrade adafruit-blinka

Melissa

MakerMelissa

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.