Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality.

UTi165K
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

UTi165K

by drountre on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 am

We are awaiting the UTi165K to come out. From reviewing the (limited) info on the software, it appears there will be only an output file that we could possibly access with Python. Is there a way we will be able to have the registers to access (hack) through the usb cable the temp readings and alarms via CircuitPython or MicroPython. We already have clients that want to incorporate automatic temp readings into their doors card access. All we need is the data.
Thanks
David

drountre

Re: UTi165K

by tannewt on Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:32 pm

What is the UTi165K? It isn't an Adafruit product.

What would CircuitPython need to be able to do in order to talk to it? I can answer what CircuitPython's capabilities are.

tannewt

by drountre on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:01 am

Yep your right, not yet. Try to search for UTi165K and you will see the new (to Adafruit) Thermal Camera they are coming out with... I too program in all the Python disciplines and we are look for a human Thermal Camera like the UTi165K that we can, through USB or Bluetooth, control alarm and pre-alarm relays. Although we could probably "sniff" the USB or "tap" the log file, it would be nice if Adafruit would have the manufacturer modify the software or make it open source.
Thanks

drountre

by tannewt on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Oh! I see we will carry it soon.

We do plan on reverse engineering the USB protocol so we can write our own applications to interface with it. I'm just waiting for a capture of the USB traffic.

tannewt

by ljyang on Tue May 12, 2020 4:39 pm

I ordered one from amazon and have it working with our card reader system. It reads a card swipe, then grabs a thermal image, then grabs another frame to extract the temperature data. I have all the boto code stubbed out to upload the images to s3 and drop the data into an rds instance. It reads from a HID reader and the cards we use for elevator and door access. I'll be setting up an enclosure with all of this inside to deploy to all 6 of our office locations. https://youtu.be/h5mQt1Ct9b0

ljyang

by drountre on Tue May 12, 2020 6:38 pm

John
Thank you for your post and your YouTube. You have done a great job...!
is our customers couldn't wait, so we bought a TMT2 camara (see the opening page of https://www.brickhousesecurity.com/). We will start testing tomorrow. The problem we had with our Flir infrared camera is it would pick up someone holding a cup of coffee coming to work. We needed just facial pickup. As we understand this system has that, along with facial recognition that will tie into our and our clients card readers without any modifications. We were able to get a manual ahead of time and are pretty confident that it will work for their needs up to 1 meter away. It took about 2 weeks to get, but at less than $1500 it might fill the needs of our clients.
In the meantime I have been having fun with my Clue and a adafruit_mlx90614 testing temps. By calibrating the object temp based on the proximity sensor distance and the ambient temp, is am able to get some fairly stable object temps at an exact distance from the mlx. I have the neopixel changing colors as you get close to the correct distance, and as soon as you are there and your temp is good it turns (green) and if it is bad the neopixel turns (red) -- or you are not human lol (no measurement white). See pics inclosed....
Yesterday i got it (with a battery) to send temps to my iPhone via bluetooth while I scanned temps. While it's not perfect it is close and a lot of fun.
Again great job John
David
IMG_5872.jpg
Not close enough
IMG_5872.jpg (169.78 KiB) Viewed 30 times
IMG_5874.jpg
Distance good Temp Good
IMG_5874.jpg (76.8 KiB) Viewed 30 times
IMG_5875.jpg
Distance good Temp Bad
IMG_5875.jpg (108.38 KiB) Viewed 30 times

drountre

by gpc10347 on Wed May 13, 2020 12:07 pm

ljyang wrote:I ordered one from amazon and have it working with our card reader system. It reads a card swipe, then grabs a thermal image, then grabs another frame to extract the temperature data. I have all the boto code stubbed out to upload the images to s3 and drop the data into an rds instance. It reads from a HID reader and the cards we use for elevator and door access. I'll be setting up an enclosure with all of this inside to deploy to all 6 of our office locations. https://youtu.be/h5mQt1Ct9b0

Nice Work!
Interested in doing similar with our door access. Disallow entry until passing temperature is collected... Would like to chat with you about your efforts and how it's going.

gpc10347

by drountre on Thu May 14, 2020 7:28 am

Got it yesterday... After 3 hours (instructions are limited and don't match the updated server output, but it is acceptable) we have it recognizing faces and temps (normal and high) and it outputs info to the log file. Everything seems to be there to unlock the doors if from one of the selections: 1 the face is on file, 2 the temp is normal, 3 the ID card is on file, 4 the face and temp is good, 5 the face , temp and ID card is good. (there is probably other combinations i have forgot). I will update whine i get it up and running with door unlocking.
You can go to https://www.spybase.com/product/body-te ... mera-tmt2/ and download the manual.
Thanks
David

drountre

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.