MIMXRT1064-EVK
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

MIMXRT1064-EVK

by sdherbert on Fri May 22, 2020 9:11 am

I recently started working with the MIMXRT1064-EVK, I naively thought I could use the CircuitPython port for the MIMXRT1060-EVK.

I started by downloading the 1060 hex file and copying it to the RT1064-EVK drive that shows up when you plug the board in. The board does reboot, but it does not seem to be running the new firmware. I tried this with and without a jumper on J5. If anyone has been able to run CircuitPython on the MIMXRT1064-EVK board I would love to learn how.

My next step is to start looking over the files in the mimxrt10xx folder to compare the values in the 1060 files to those documented for the 1064. This feels like it is going to be a bit painful and take some time, so I thought I’d reach out before taking this step.

I was also considering bringing the CircuitPython project into MCUXpresso and trying to get it to build, but again this seems like a time intensive operation.

I look forward to hearing from the community.

sdherbert

Re: MIMXRT1064-EVK

by tannewt on Mon May 25, 2020 4:54 pm

I don't know of anyone running it on the 1064. I'd recommend hopping into our Discord for more detailed porting help. Link to join is https://adafru.it/discord

tannewt

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.