Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

adafruit_ble start_advertising() how many scan responses sen
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

adafruit_ble start_advertising() how many scan responses sen

by kevinjwalters on Sun May 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Is there a way to tell if a scan response data packet has been sent or how many have been sent for a device that has run something like start_advertising(ad, scan_ad)? This will be more or less the same thing as how many scan response requests have been received.

Actually, what I'd really like is the address from all the scan response request packets and with many devices this could be a large array. Is that available somewhere?

It might be useful to document when the packet data is serialised from the objects passed to start_advertising(), i.e. is it when that method is called or is it when the data is sent? My guess would be the former.

kevinjwalters

Re: adafruit_ble start_advertising() how many scan responses

by tannewt on Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Scan response request info is not available at the _bleio level. I'm not even sure the Nordic soft device makes it available. It'd need to be there in order for us to expose it.

Advertisements are serialized by the BLE library that then passes the raw bytes to _bleio.

tannewt

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.