Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Can't Connect
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can't Connect

by DougMof on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Bought an express. Read the instructions. Downloaded updater and circuitpython.
When I reset the express, I get the filesystem with 3 files--an htm, current.uf2, and a text file.
I have tried to read those files and to download either the updater or cpython. In every case, I get the dialog indicating activity, but it always terminates by hanging up with "calculating" and zero progress. I've been through it all several times.
BTW: Windows 10 Pro

Please help!

D

DougMof

Re: Can't Connect

by YangLu on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:51 am

copy your uf2 to that folder. It will reboot itself, then you will have a disk called circuitpy. you can program code.py in that disk directly.

here is the correct place you can find the latest uf2 file for cpython: https://circuitpython.org/downloads

YangLu

by DougMof on Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:36 pm

I was not clear.

I have repeatedly tried to download the .uf2 to the folder on the Express. The download dialog opens buts hangs up immediately with 0% progress.

I have already assured the I have the correct download file.

Please try again.

D

DougMof

by YangLu on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:20 am

Have you tried on another computer? You never know... ;-;

YangLu

by lefsky on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Has anyone managed to solve this problem. I do the same thing: write code, download uf2 file, double click the reset button to get a green ring of lights. CPLAYBOOT is recognized and appears in windows explorer. Everything is going to plan until to try to copy the file over to the circuit playground, which locks up the explorer window and doesn't do anything else. I've got a 7 year old girl here rapidly losing interest in electrons so please help me!!!!

lefsky

by DougMof on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Well, I am glad it is not just me!! Exactly the same symptoms. Someone take pity on us, please.

DougMof

by JackZGMF2 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:39 am

Have you solve your issue? If not when entering the bootloader mode does the board stay in that state or return to normal mode after a few seconds? You may try to load an updated bootloader, though that may not transfer over either... Another thought have you tried right click dragging the uf2 file and selecting copy into the board folder? Not sure if any of that will help...

JackZGMF2

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Moving this topic to CircuitPython for better visibility.

There are some known issues that may cause this behavior. See here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... leshooting
and check if any of those apply to your situation.

adafruit_support_carter

by tannewt on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Could everyone please state what board you are using (there are multiple expresses), what version of Windows and, if you can, the bootloader version? Please also let us know if you have any antivirus programs. They can mess up external drives.

tannewt

by danhalbert on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:36 pm

In particular, see: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... 2999180-12

Windows Explorer Locks Up When Accessing boardnameBOOT Drive

On Windows, several third-party programs we know of can cause issues. The symptom is that you try to access the boardnameBOOT drive, and Windows or Windows Explorer seems to lock up. These programs are known to cause trouble:

- AIDA64: to fix, stop the program. This problem has been reported to AIDA64. They acquired hardware to test, and released a beta version that fixes the problem. This may have been incorporated into the latest release. Please let us know in the forums if you test this.
- Hard Disk Sentinel
- Kaspersky anti-virus: To fix, you may need to disable Kaspersky completely. Disabling some aspects of Kaspersky does not always solve the problem. This problem has been reported to Kaspersky.
- ESET NOD32 anti-virus: We have seen problems with at least version 9.0.386.0, solved by uninstallation.

Copying UF2 to boardnameBOOT Drive Hangs at 0% Copied

On Windows, a Western DIgital (WD) utility that comes with their external USB drives can interfere with copying UF2 files to the boardnameBOOT drive. Uninstall that utility to fix the problem.

danhalbert

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.