Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Oled Splash screen help please
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Oled Splash screen help please

by SaraLou on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 am

i want to change the splash screen for a prop i am making , but cannot find how to do it . i believe it has something to do with the python script in the C:\Adafruit_SSD1306\scripts folder , but not knowledgable in python i have already edited the two image files in there , could someone help

SaraLou

Re: Oled Splash screen help please

by tannewt on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:13 pm

What example are you following? Sounds like it may be Arduino, not CircuitPython.

tannewt

by SaraLou on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 pm

its the arduino library , but there is a python script to change the splash screen

SaraLou

by Trey_S on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:11 pm

I just recently had to work with the SSD1306 library, and the file you are looking to change is in the root of the library folder called "splash.h". The way I did it was by going to https://javl.github.io/image2cpp/ and uploading a 1 bit per pixel bitmap image. Adjust the settings under "Image Settings" to your preference (the default is usually fine), and see if the preview is what you were expecting it to look like. Then select "plain bytes" and "horizontal - 1 bit per pixel". Copy the generated bytes into the section of "splash.h" that corresponds to your screen size (you will be replacing one of the big chunks of code that has a bunch of B010...). Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions.

Trey_S

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.