Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit 1.3" Color TFT Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - 240x240 TF
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit 1.3" Color TFT Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - 240x240 TF

by Wolfiieb on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 am

I’m unsure if I’m in the right place. But I have the 1.3” Color TFT Bonnet for Raspberry pi. First, I want to make sure it is comparable with my RPI4B, on the site it said it was and it’s plug and play. When I plug the add-on to my rpi it says the screen should show some response like light up or something but there’s nothing. I tried adding the kernel to see if it would work and no luck. I’m new to all of this and I’m really trying hard to learn and understand but I keep hitting road blocks. My order confirmation number is 2309341-9294490794. I would add everything else but I’m still new to navigating the terminal as well.

Wolfiieb

Re: Adafruit 1.3" Color TFT Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - 240x24

by dherrada on Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Have you enabled SPI? If I recall correctly, it's disabled by default. You can access it through 'sudo raspi-config'

dherrada

by Wolfiieb on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Yes I have

Wolfiieb

by wildestpixel on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:47 am

Not sure where you read that this is plug and play or whether you read the words “Comes completely pre-assembled and tested so you don't need to do anything but plug it in and install our Python code! ” and changed that around by interpretation.

The only mention of plug and play is about Stemma QT i2c devices. You need to follow the guide linked from the product page at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-1-3 ... i/overview

wildestpixel

by Wolfiieb on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 am

I understand all of that. I followed every instruction both options. From my understanding the screen should have some response after you input all the code ? And yes I know about the instructions I followed both options and have gotten zero screen response. And yes I know you can’t have both running at the same time, I literally erased everything about 8 times trying to retry to the process from the instructions and still have yet to get my screen to respond to anything.. it seems like the GPIO pins are not responding. I’ve set up other mini monitors before that worked through the GPIO but for some reason this screen has no response. When I do the kernel version it doesn’t run on the add on but if I plug my hdmi cord in it functions on that screen. If I’m there’s something extra I have to do outside of the instructions if love to be enlightened on that in order to get this thing running. Other than that I think I just got a defective one..

Wolfiieb

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.