Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

FT232H and the magnetometer MLX90393
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

FT232H and the magnetometer MLX90393

by daadaa on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 am

I am trying to get FT232H to work with MLX90393

the FT232H interfaces perefectly with my win 10 laptop. i have done all the steps and tested everything and the connection is fault free there.

but it is not able to read the magnetometer. i suspect that i need to put the library for the magnetometer on the FT232 firmware. but it doesnt work since the documentation says that the MLX90393 librARY must be added to the FT232H but the FT232H does not have RESET button so this doesnt match the descritoin. how can i add the library to the ft232H?

daadaa

Re: FT232H and the magnetometer MLX90393

by daadaa on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:44 am

This is the instructions from the magnetometer documentation:

You'll need to install the Adafruit CircuitPython MLX90393 library on your CircuitPython board.

First make sure you are running the latest version of Adafruit CircuitPython for your board.

Next you'll need to install the necessary libraries to use the hardware--carefully follow the steps to find and install these libraries from Adafruit's CircuitPython library bundle. Our CircuitPython starter guide has a great page on how to install the library bundle.

For non-express boards like the Trinket M0 or Gemma M0, you'll need to manually install the necessary libraries from the bundle:

adafruit_mlx90393.mpy
adafruit_bus_device
Before continuing make sure your board's lib folder or root filesystem has the adafruit_mlx90393.mpy, and adafruit_bus_device files and folders copied over.

Next connect to the board's serial REPL so you are at the CircuitPython >>> prompt.

the only problem with it is that there is no way to add these libraries to the FT232H board or if there is , it is not mentioned in the documentation for the FT232H board

daadaa

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.