Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Pyportal screen not working?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pyportal screen not working?

by robomiller on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:19 am

Hello, So I'm trying to do the pyportal pet planter project. I got all the stuff from adafruit. printed all the parts on my 3d printer. did the tutorial. I think there is something wrong with my pyportal. I updated the firm ware and my screen got really small with most of the screen having static. I don't even know if the words listed on the screen is any language. I uploaded a pic. anyone else have there pyportal look like this?
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (727.21 KiB) Viewed 34 times

robomiller

Re: Pyportal screen not working?

by dastels on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:41 am

The screen output is mirrored vertically. Which is odd. And it thinks the screen is smaller than it is, so the part of the screen it's ignoring is left in its random powerup state.

What "firmware"? The CircuitPython UF2? Did you use the one for your PyPortal? My initial thought is that you may have grabbed one for a smaller model of the pyportal (there are 3: Pynt, original, and Titano).

Dave

dastels

by robomiller on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 am

Hello thanks for the reply. I used the one from the link that was in the guide for the pet pyportal planter. https://circuitpython.org/board/pyportal/ is the link. I'm pretty sure its the right one. I'm a total newb so I could be wrong. when i first booted the device the screen was showing the pyportal logo just fine. but when i did the firmware that's the state that it was rebooted into. no not sure what i did wrong. The way I updated the firmware I hit the reset button twice then i dragged the update into the boot folder. It restarted and that how it was. I hope this helps.

robomiller

by robomiller on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:07 am

Whoops. You were absolutely right. I needed the titano one. Sorry for wasting your time. its working now. Haha now I need to learn to code it.

robomiller

by dastels on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:47 am

It's not a waste if it helped. Have fun!

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.