Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Feather M0X: No FEATHERBOOT
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather M0X: No FEATHERBOOT

by flounder on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:19 pm

If I double-click reset, my brand-new-out-of-the-bag-arrived-from-DigiKey-two-days-ago Feather M0 Express disappears from the directory listing. No FEATHERBOOT appears. Since I saw that I was running CircuitPython 2.2.4, I thought I should update to 5.3.1. So, following the instructions, I got the CP 5.3.1 UF2 image downloaded, double-clicked, and no joy. Tried all kinds of rhythms. No joy. Search the forum, found the suggestion:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
import microcontroller
microcontroller.on_next_reset(microcontroller.RunMode.BOOTLOADER)
microcontroller.reset()

and, as has already been described in another thread, this made no difference. Unfortunately, that thread ended and I have seen no way to get to FEATHERBOOT.

So what should I try next? Had a really cool project I was going to work on tonight. Sigh.

flounder

Re: Feather M0X: No FEATHERBOOT

by tannewt on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:59 pm

What do the LEDs do? What OS are you on?

The Discord: https://adafru.it/discord can be a quicker way to get help too. The forum is better for long term debugging though.

tannewt

by flounder on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:30 pm

I am using Windows 10 Pro. See attached screenshot. When I doubleclick, I get the LED showing green, and the power LED slowly fading on and off. But this is not what I was supposed to see.

Sorry for the delay in response. This is the first chance I've had to work on this since I posted the question. Retirement gives me so much to do!
Attachments
2020-09-07 13.10.54.jpg
2020-09-07 13.10.54.jpg (363.74 KiB) Viewed 12 times
win10.PNG
win10.PNG (67 KiB) Viewed 12 times

flounder

by danhalbert on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:07 pm

flounder wrote:I am using Windows 10 Pro. See attached screenshot. When I doubleclick, I get the LED showing green, and the power LED slowly fading on and off. But this is not what I was supposed to see.

That is what you should see after double-clicking. The "pulsing" LED shows that the bootloader is listening.

1. Since you don't see FEATHERBOOT after double-clicking, do you see the CIRCUITPY drive when you single click?
2. Do you have any third-party antivirus installed, such as Kaspersky or ESET?
3. Do you have any disk-checking programs installed, such as Hard Disk Sentinel or AIDA64 installed?
4. Do you have any other utility programs installed, such as Acronis Backup, or a WD driver for an external USB drive?

See https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... -2978448-5 for some ideas. Usually these problems are due to some third-party software, and you might have yet another piece of software that's interfering.

If you have another computer to try, even a Raspberry Pi, it should should FEATHERBOOT when you double-click.

danhalbert

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.