Offering calibrated temperature property

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinjwalters

Offering calibrated temperature property

Post by kevinjwalters »

Has there been any consideration on providing a calibrated temperature property on the clue/cpx/cpb/etc objects to try and offset the effect of board heating? That could have some standard constants per board to provide a more accurate temperature and there could be a feature for manual adjustments for those that want to make it more accurate or match it to their particular device/enclosure/power usage. Perhaps some auto-tweaking for things like the backlight usage could also be in the calculation.

I've seen a few cases where there's surprise about the size of the error from reading straight from the device, e.g.:

siddacious

Re: Offering calibrated temperature property

Post by siddacious »

It's a decent idea; I'd certainly be willing to review a PR, but it's not likely going to take precedence over other non-enhancement features for the core devs or myself

kevinjwalters

Re: Offering calibrated temperature property

Post by kevinjwalters »

I note Creating FunHouse Projects with CircuitPython: Temperature Logger Example is doing this within the program using 3 degrees celsius for the FunHouse with backlight, NeoPixels and Wi-Fi network off.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”