Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Issues with Mu/Python hanging while working in CircuitPython
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Issues with Mu/Python hanging while working in CircuitPython

by sealyon on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am

I'm running on Win10 and keep having issues with Mu (& Python) hanging while I'm writing code in the editor. Sometimes it's the REPL hanging and other times it's the editor itself. Not exactly sure if there is an event sequence that I'm doing that is causing this but it is getting pretty bothersome. I can't even shut it down from Task Manager. I can only see a Python app showing in Task Manger and can't see a Mu app or process as hung. It will clear but only after 5-10 minutes of waiting. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Any suggestions on what I can do to minimize this problem? Appreciate any help.

Are there any other Python IDEs that can be used with more power and better performance? Something like Atom or PyCharm?

sealyon

Re: Issues with Mu/Python hanging while working in CircuitPy

by sealyon on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am

I'm also running the 6.0 Alpha version of CP.

sealyon

by sealyon on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 am

Is there a way to edit posts??

sealyon

by tannewt on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am

I believe post editing is time limited.

I use Sublime Text with a separate serial connection on Mac and Linux. You should be able to do similar on Windows.

There is a CircuitPython vscode plugin: https://github.com/joedevivo/vscode-circuitpython So, that could be a good place to start.

tannewt

by jerryn on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

FYI -- for me, I can edit posts if I hover my mouse to the left of the "delete post" icon . Nothing is visible, but the mouse pointer turns into a finger pointer and if I click, it allows me to edit. This has been a long time bug in the rendering of the forum windows.
This works for me with safari on my Mac and with Chrome on my Linux systems

jerryn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.