Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Is there a SaveAs option in Mu ?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Is there a SaveAs option in Mu ?

by sealyon on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Really finding Mu to be lacking many basic features you have in most IDEs. But something as basic as a SaveAs command is really troublesome. You have a SAVE but I can't seem to find a SaveAs. I can copy everything, create a NEW file and save it that way but it would be so much easier to just be able to do a SaveAs. Am I missing something? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Are there any more powerful IDE options for CircuitPython available? Is there an Atom extension available? Or any others?

sealyon

Re: Is there a SaveAs option in Mu ?

by siddacious on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Mu is good at what it's trying to do: be a very simple editor for people who are still learning and don't need a lot of features.

Some people I know are using Atom, personally I use VSCode and like it a lot. The python extension does a pretty good job of indexing the code to do code completion, syntax highlighting, etc. and it has a ton of advanced editing features.

By design, CircuitPython is very similar to CPython so you shouldn't have much trouble writing code for CircuitPython in any editor that supports Python

siddacious

by tannewt on Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:15 pm

I believe you can change the name of a file in Mu by clicking the name in the tab. I don't use Mu so I'm not positive.

tannewt

by alpierce on Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Yes, I double click the filename tab to get the Save dialog and then browse to the folder.

alpierce

by Foamyguy on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:25 pm

You can use the shortcut ctrl-shift-s to open a Save As window also.

Foamyguy

by sealyon on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:02 am

Awesome, Ctrl-Shift-s & double-clicking the frame tab, both do what I was looking for!! Thanks.

sealyon

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.