🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

Need hardware suggestions
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Need hardware suggestions

by am42 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Hello,
I am new to programming microcontrollers and electronics projects in general. I was introduced to circuit Python through the circuit playground express I received at PyCon and fell in love with it. I am looking to build an IoT prototype for geospatial applications. I am looking to buy a micropython or circuit python (better) capable device with WiFi & bluetooth that has or can work with GPS, temperature, atmospheric pressure, light intensity (solar potential applications), imaging (visible and or thermal IR) sensors. The adafruit shop has a dizzying range of options that is overwhelming me. I need some recommendations.

I understand that I may not find all these sensors built into a single board. I am looking good base/core circuit board that can be easily extended with sensors I can buy via adafruit. I do not know arduino, but I am very comfortable with Python.

thanks you,
am42

am42

Re: Need hardware suggestions

by franklin97355 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:34 pm

These are the boards that support Circuit python https://learn.adafruit.com/assets/73927

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.